THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    300 H&H flanged magnum from .375 H&H flanged magnum

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 H&H flanged magnum from .375 H&H flanged magnum
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Many years ago, acquired a lot of BELL brass in .375 basic from which I formed both .375 flanged and .300 flanged magnums. Now have 40 rounds of old BELL 375 flanged mangum formed brass and wish to form it into 300 flanged. The instructions for the basic 375 included using three form dies and neck reaming as well as trimming.

Key question, can I sensibly take any short cuts with the already formed 375 H&H cases? I have the form dies and neck reamer.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I've run 308 win cases down to 243 Win in one pass through a 243 die and then reamed them.

You might anneal them first to make them form easier.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The first thing to do is run the 375 case up in the 300 case, proceed from their with primer powder and a bullet..If that doesn't work use more vasaline!!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote