Find
Notify
Tools

Using odds and ends
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys,

Am using some of the odds and ends I've collected over the years.

Have found a one pound can of WW473AA and a one pounder of WW630. Would like to use these up for practice ammo. 473AA appears to be in the same burn range as #5 and WW 630 in the range of #9.

If I remember correctly 630 was found to be temperature sensitive, but I remember no problems with 473AA.

Anyone have a link to loading data for either powder?

Thanks!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
What chamberings do you have as options to make loads for?

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Probably going to load medium performance 40 S&W with the 473AA as that is a good burn rate range for it.

Started with 140 gr cast at 6.5 gr and it is a very mild load ... which is actually opportune because a neighbor wants to provide some practice time for his wife. The load cycles a CZ75 and I think will be OK for his XD compact.

The 630 should be a decent powder for 41 and 44 Rem Mag cast bullet loads in the mid range.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
I have some older W W load manuels. for these powders but I dont think they cover the 40 cal.
473aa I think was close to green dot for a burn rate.
the 630 was a diffrent breed i used it mostly for 38/357 i kept my loads some where in the middle
dave.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote