Find
Notify
Tools

Load data for 10MM
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted
I've got a couple of Sig .40's and have had success loading 155g and 180g with Power Pistol for some impressive velocities and accuracy.

One of our sons has a Glock 10MM and I'm going to do some reloading for him with 180g and 200g pills. That caliber and pistol brand are becoming more popular out here in the West due to it's firepower, capacity and total weight.

Anyone have any good experience with Power Pistol in the 10MM format with results that are a little on the warm side???? I would be interested in some of your formulas.

Thanks.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would not use "on the warm side" 10mm loads in a Glock.

I have had (using new brass) loads that were fine in a 1911 or SVI with a fully supported chamber have dangerous level of bulging at the web with a Glock.

For hunting loads in a 10mm I had better luck with VV N350 and with AA #9 than power pistol.

Posts: 10793 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The frame on the G20 starts to flop around with hot loads too. You'll feel it start to flex in your paws.

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In my Javelina I have had the best results with AA-9 using the 180gr and up bullets. With anything else down to 135 I used AA-7.

As mentioned however the unsupported Glocks can get a bit touchy with the top end loads so be careful. With the 180 Gold Dot you really don't need to push them to top end velocities to get a top performing load.

Mike / Tx

one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe that Glock Talk has a 10mm forum.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote