New
Find
Notify
Tools

Motor on a RCBS Vibratory Tumbler
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I called RCBS and they no longer make my tumbler.They don't have any replacement motors left for it either.Can I buy a replacement motor for it at a local electric motor shop? Would it be better to buy a new Tumbler?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
oldLess fuss & muss, buy a new tumbler. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rapidrob
posted Hide Post
Granger will have a new motor.
Take all the info off of the motors label.

Gulf of Tonkin Yacht Club
NRA Endowment Member
President NM MILSURPS

Posts: 448 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 28 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
oldLess fuss & muss, buy a new tumbler. beerroger

Although some people claim they had ones that lasted for many years, mine don't last more than a couple of years and I've been through 3 or 4.
I am looking for other options than spending over 200 for another.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
George- the Grainger route could be a good way to go. They're Dayton Electric brand comes in all shapes and sizes. Shipping to Montreal shouldn't be a big deal either.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
I have a Midway Vib cleaner pushing 30yrs. It running right now. I have always tried not to overload it

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dulltool17:
George- the Grainger route could be a good way to go. They're Dayton Electric brand comes in all shapes and sizes. Shipping to Montreal shouldn't be a big deal either.

Thanks Doug.I will check that out.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I tried to take my RCBS tumbler apart.All went well except for one screw.It did not want to unscrew.After spending a couple of hours trying to undo it I gave up and bought a Dillon 750 at the range today.I got a 40 dollar discount.It is now working and looks solid.

QuestionBig Grino you leave the media in the tumbler when finished? I leave mine in.Does it make a difference?

One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
If you've got normal corn cob or walnut hull media, it can't do any harm.

I think they're pretty much all made of High Density Polyethylene (like milk jugs) so even treated media shouldn't be any problem. HDPE stands up to a pretty long list of chemicals.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about the weight of the media.

One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Ah! I don't think it would cause an issue, but you could always store it in a plastic container with a lid. Home improvement stores carry pails (maybe 5-6 liters) or maybe steal the wife's tupperware

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't pour dirty media.It creates dust that must not be good to inhale.I where those blue or yellow gloves and remove cases one by one from the media, trying not to disturb much.