New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source for 100-round Ammo Boxes
 Login/Join

<Kevin Rohrer>
posted
I will start loading for Prairie Dog this year and rather than throw the loaded rounds in a box, I would like to put them in inexpensive, plastic ammo boxes that hold each round in their own slot. Twenty round and 50-round boxes are easy to find, but where I can get boxes that hold 100-rounds? Are there any boxes that hold >100-rounds?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Did you check Midways inventory?

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a nice woodworking project, making your own that is. Trim it out in brass (hinges, latches etc.) with a nice coat of varnish, it would be a thing of beauty.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I get mine at:
http://www.berrysmfg.com/
https://tp-commerce.techpro.com/berrysmfg/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=4&cat=Plastic+Ammo+Boxes

To get free shipping, I order $25 worth.
The is a couple cubic feet of ammo boxes.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
Dane:

Thanks for the reminder on the MTM caseguards. I have used the 100 round models for years for HP match ammo where several hundred rounds may be used in one weekend match. They are extremely durable (never had one wear out and have used them for >15 years.

What I did not realize is that they will fit everything from .17 cal. thru 375 H&H! I discovered this fact when checking Natchez catalog to see if they were available in the larger calibers and found they are universal.

Sure enough, just checked my "30-06" MTM case and found that, indeed, the 300 cases fit (bullet down, smaller cases (up to 30-06) will fit either bullet up or down). And I've been struggling with the 20 rounders for my 300 Win Mag [Roll Eyes] . The 100 rounders are great for load development work.

www.natchezss.com is a good source for any MTM product.

Regards,
hm

Posts: 931 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.jandjproducts.com/ does a bunch of different boxes. They made custom insert for my 480 shells in their boxes Thay have 100 round boxes and even 175 round boxes. Great people. Call Gabi she can help.

Hcliff

Posts: 305 | Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MTM makes 100 round ammo boxes with the hinged lid. I find the are great in terms of capacity, but be careful how many different loads you put in one box. It's extremely easy to get them mixed up. Then you'll really have a fine kettle of fish. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cal,
I put post-its inside the box lid with a map drawn of there what loads are.

I have dozens of boxes with cases of incremental overload work ups of dozens of calibers. Years later I can look at an individual case.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote