New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Deal on a Chrony
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Shooting Chrony sells factory refurb F-1 Chronys for $44.95. That's the basic, no frills unit.

http://chrony.ca/

1-800-385-3161 (9 am - 5 pm E.S.T.)

Posts: 2281 | Location: Layton, UT USA | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
<MontanaMarine>
posted
Sounds like a great deal. I bought a F-1 new for 68 dollars. No frills, but does everything I need a chrono to do and if it ever gets shot I'm not out much.

Refurbished? So thats where all those shot up chronographs go MM

Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I picked up one ~3 years back, and its worked fine. Well, when the sun is low, ie winter months, it tends to miss some readings, but for the $, can't go wrong.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Kerry.S>
posted
I have a F1 and in the box was a add for a flat fee repair.I think it was someting like $40.00. Even at $99.00 new(the price I paid ten years ago) it's a bargin. just use the defusers on bright days.
Kerry

one of us
posted Hide Post
A chronograph is one of those pieces of equipment I have yet to acquire.

I've been holding back for an Oehler as I have been told the Chronys are rather inaccurate.

My needs are very basic, I just want to know what my favourite accuracy loads are running at. Not a benchrest shooter, just medium and big bore hunting loads.

The Chrony is hard to pass up with its economical price.

After reading the comments in this thread I am tempted to simply get one and try it. You guys seem rather satisfied with yours.

~Holmes

Posts: 1171 | Location: Wyoming, USA | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Chrony is extremely accurate. Don't let anyone BS you!!

The fundamental electronics are very basic and cheap, and referenced to a quartz crystal. There is no basis in cost for charging several hundred bucks for any chronograph.

You might find some minor differences in sensor arrangements, that give slight advantage to one brand or another, but from mid morning to mid afternoon on a sunny day, the accuracy of the Chrony is super. I have found a 50 fps shift when there are significant clouds, with the diffuser in place, but other than that, it's a peach (and other chronographs may do the same thing).

Posts: 2281 | Location: Layton, UT USA | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Hoghead>
posted
Yes. What Denton said!!

<Kerry.S>
posted
Well there is a little to do with price but not what you would think. The Pact and ohler have more features or more available to them then the crony but if all you want is the high low and average velocity then ther is no reason not to have a chrony. The pact has the features that I like but my chrony has more shots over it then my pact will ever have. They are just as accurate as the rest mine just seems to be a little sensative to light conditions but hey for less then $100.00 you can't beat it
kerry

one of us
posted Hide Post
Holmes, don't let the "it cost more so it must be better" guys talk you out of a Chrony. If you want one. They all do basically the same thing. If you pay more, you are either paying for prestigue or some whistles and bells added to the basic job function. I have had a Chrony (the same one as a matter of fact)since they first came out and it does everything I need it to do. Strange thing also, when the $99 Chrony came out the price of a Oehler dropped by half overnight. When you get your chronograph, regardless of which one you get, buy some .22 match ammo. Proof your chrony by shooting the .22 ammo over it. It should run pretty close to the fps printed on the box. It shouldn't be off by more than a 100fps and the individual shoots should be quite close with regards to their deviation.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
<Slamfire>
posted
I'd give you mine, but the shipping charges would take it out of the "good" deal category.

<Hutt>
posted
I got mine froma local dealer for cost plus.It is the beta model in the master series it has a remote LCD and can interface with their printer which I also have.I can retreive all my data at home as it has a permanent memory,calculates 60 shots on ten separate strings shows Avg.vel. SD, and Extreme spead.Current wholesale cost for this modle is $86.95 and the printer is $49.95