Find
Notify
Tools

pmc 6.5x55mm brass
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of x-51
posted
has anyone used the pmc brand cases in 6.5x55 mauser? im about to purchase a rifle and was shopping around for components to load with. ive used their 45 acp brass and it has held up very well. this will be the first rifle ive loaded for. any tips,suggestions, and opinions will be appreciated. thanks

Posts: 128 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 15 October 2002Reply With Quote
<Patrick_D>
posted
If you can, get Lapua brass. IMHO there is nothing to beat it.

Patrick

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use pmc 6.5x55 brass with, has been good so far about to load it up for the third time.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I use PMC in mine and its working fine at the moment.

Posts: 18 | Location: Adelaide, South Australia | Registered: 17 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
As club armourer for our Military rifle club, I reload up to 200 rounds of 6.5x55 per month to service our club rifles. We were initially given 100 PMC new factory rounds and a number of once fired PMC cases.
New PMC factory rounds are HOT; chronographing 2866fps through the M96 whilst Norma military with the same bullet weight is just 2532fps.
Reloaded PMC cases have a defined ring around the solid head due to the case being undersized (.471) at this point compared to Norma, Lapua or CA brass(.478).
In just 12 months almost all our PMC brass has split on the 2nd or 3rd loading. The problem is not defined in just one rifle but all three club guns.
We now use berdan primed ex-military Norma brass and have not lost a single case.
The problem is two fold, one is separation due to working the undersized brass and two is related to the intensity of loads used by PMC and in subsequent reloads by shooters. Keep reloads mild in undersized cases and you may only get an occasional case head separation.

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
<gregbullet>
posted
I bought 100 Norma cases for my 6.5x55. and as a little research I've decided to only use 20cases to see how many times I can use it. Well I'm on my 11th loading with these cases-collet sizing,and full length on 5th loading,and they show absolutly no signs of stress etc. My loads are medium/high. This is my first time using Norma brass,and I'm very impressed,so much so I might bite the bullet and order some for my 06 and .270. Never have used Lapua,but it is also highly recommended-and a little cheaper.

<Kimmo E>
posted
I only use norma brass pmc and remington are to expensive.

Kimmo

one of us
Picture of x-51
posted Hide Post
cheaperthandirt.com is selling pmc 6.5x55mm brass for $58.89/300 count. i didn't know if this was a bargain or not.

Posts: 128 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 15 October 2002Reply With Quote