New
Find
Notify
Tools

WINCHESTER NO LONGER MAKES 375 H&H BRASS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
just found out the other day that Winchester is no longer making 375 h&h brass....what next they will stop making 06 brass

If any of you guys have got 150 pices of WIN 375 brass from the same batch and are willing to part with it i would be happy to take it of your hands
daniel

Posts: 1481 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
guys
if any one knows any body who has got W 375 BRASS in stock i would appreciate if you could drop me a line
i have tried midway, midsouth and grafs
daniel

Posts: 1481 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
I just ordered some Win 375 HH (as well as 300 HH and '06) from Lock, Stock, and Barrel. They had it all in stock.

Not sure if they ship overseas.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
M 98 try
http://www.wholesalesports.com/shoot/winbrass.htm
It's a Canadian outfit in Alberta

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I doubt that Winchester is permanently discontinuing .375 brass.

The mills gear up for certain runs of brass periodically; that is, they don't have the capacity to make all calibers all of the time. Rather, they may set up the machinery for several calibers for a few weeks per year, and other calibers at different times during the year, just like you set up your reloading press with different dies according to your needs and schedule. This "rotation" of calibers means that the supply of brass for a particular caliber may run short toward the end of the cycle, most especially if a rumor gets started that "they're not making it any more"!

Periodically, the brass mills will tool up to make a run of "obsolete" or low demand brass. Sometimes they may make a run of a certain caliber only once in several years. This has been the case in the past with calibers like .30 Remington, .348 Winchester, .264 Winchester, and a number of others. Your supplier may be out of a caliber and may tell you that "we can't get any because the factory isn't making it", which may be very true (at the moment). But don't look for WW .375 H&H to be a thing of the past.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M 98:
just found out the other day that Winchester is no longer making 375 h&h brass....what next they will stop making 06 brass .....

daniel

M98,

I don't think they have stopped making it permanenetly. Here's what jorge posted on Oct 21, 2005 on another thread:

----------------------------------
Folks: This probably belongs on "reloading" forum, but being the African Forum is my "home" and we are talking about an African caliber, I thought the following response from Olin/Winchester regarding the 375 H&H might spur some interest/concerns:

Thank you for contacting us at Winchester Ammunition inquiring about our 375 H&H brass.

Please be advised that this is a seasonal product and is made to order once a year for the distributors that have them on order. However, because we did not get enough orders for the brass, as well as the 375 H&H loaded round, they were not produced this year. The earliest you would see it would be next year, provided we receive enough orders to warrant production.

Thank you for your interest in our products.

jorge

From this thread: 375 H&H MAG SHORTAGE!!!
----------------------------------

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just logged onto Winchester website:

http://www.winchester.com/products/catalog/components/rifleshellcases.aspx

They still list .375 H&H brass for sale.

"375 H&H Mag. WSC375HHU 50 50"

Barstooler

Posts: 876 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here we go! Remember the primers we hoarded up 10 years ago? Haha

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6642 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I'd rather be stocked up than run out..so if any of you Canucks are concerned, I just bought three bags from P & D in Edmonton and they had three or four bags left.

Posts: 5838 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Winchester is doing seasonal runs of certain brass, the slow movers so to speak.

The 458 Win Mag is one for sure, so is the 300 H&H, and it wouldn't suprise me a bit the 375 H&H is on the list. Check back in the spring is when they do the once a year run.

Posts: 1486 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 28 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
M98,
Just buy some PMC or Remington brass or loaded PMC rounds and fire them off. My current lot of Winchester 375H&H cases leave a lot to be desired. Enough split necks on either first or second loading to put me off Winchester, older batch has been good for at least 6 loadings.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.cliffsgunsmithing.com/Catalog_Win_Brass2.htm

I've got plenty.

I try to stock up on this kind of stuff when its available so that when the factory runs dry, I will still have enough on hand.

The big guys (ie Midway, Grafs, Cabelas, etc) don't have quite a keen grasp on this idea.

-Spencer

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've got plenty

Just tried to buy and your site wouldn't complete the deal.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just checked Grafs and they are listing .375 H&H by Win as discontinued with no back order. Mad I hope Winchester is not so foolish as to quit manufacturing .375 H&H or marketing it as a component.

Posts: 1243 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTW. Huntington's has Norma .375 H&H brass. I do believe that they will export ship as well.

http://www.huntingtons.com/cases_norma.html

Posts: 1243 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote