Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Hornady interbonds?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted
Ben, You'll be very pleased with the Interbonds, loaded some 165s for a co-worker to be used on an elk hunt, well, 4 shots, 4 elk, I think he said I'll be getting some of that meat or some sausage, ah, tasty. Jay

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sako
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your replys!
As you all agree on i think a 150gr are a bit light for 300wm and i would have bought 180 grainers if the store had them!

Grizz thank you for the nice pic and info on your expirience with them, as you im kinda bored with the ballistic bombs, (good one) i shot a 400 pound greyseal a few months ago with a 165gr bt trough the neck and the head almost fell off thus im trying the interbonds instead!

Hope i can show some pictures of bullet performance on seal when i get home for cristmas!

Regards Ben

Posts: 290 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sako
posted Hide Post
I just bought a box of 150gr interbod bullets that i intend to load in 300 win mag for seal hunting and just wanted too see what you guys think of these bullets?

The seals can be a bit big and tough animals, not that i think a good hit from a 300 win mag dont finish them but i would like to know what to expect from these bullets?

Normaly i would shoot them in the head but i want to keep the skull so that leaves a neck or heart/lung shot so bullet perfomance starts to count!

Thanks in advance for any reply!
Ben
Iceland.

Posts: 290 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
my 30_06 loves the 150's over IMR 4064 and the 165's over IMR 4350. my .308 does not like them, but it doesn't like anything. look for it on the classifieds soon, short action winchester w/CRF, make a great rebarrel project.

so far this year i've take a buck w/the Hornady Interbond and one with the Nosler Accubond. both worked as advertised, the Interbond struck the buck in the boiler room, he did nothing but slowly lower himself to his knees and then roll over ... dead dead dead.

they cost too much to shoot at paper all day but until i learn other wise.

Posts: 225 | Location: houston, tx | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoot 165 interBONDS in my 300 WSM. Here's the small buck I took,(the first with an interbond), this year.

Nothing spectacular as far as the hit, which was high and in the back of the ribcage. He was about 150 yards away, MV is 3050 fps. It went between the last 2 ribs, took chuncks out of the back of both lungs, the top of the liver and the bottom of the spine. Of course he dropped in his tracks. The exit wound was maybe an inch in diameter, there was no shock damage or bloodshot meat.

The experiments that I ran over the last 2 summers with the interbonds show they retain more weight than the accubond, but expand to a larger diameter,(what some call pancakeing). Time will tell whether they will penetrate as well as the accubond.

My nephew's 7400 rem in .280 was using the 139 grain interBOND this year, he got 5 whitetails, you could eat right up to the bullet hole on every one of them. Why do I mention that? Because I got real tired of the wasted, bloodshot meat when using Ballistic Bombs,,--er I mean tips or SST's.

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote