Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

8MM-06 LOAD DATA ReQUEST FOR
 Login/Join

posted
Would someone stear me to the proper load data for min to max loads for remenington 185Gr.PSPcl bullet for my 8mm06 m98 conversion all info would be greatly appreciated...wayne_eldon_white_@hotmail.com

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
You can always use 338-06 200gr data as a jumping off point for the 8-06 w/ 185gr bullets. Case cap is the same & SD of the bullets is close. Best results will likely be w/ RL15, IMR4064 or IMR 4320. I believe the Nosler manual has 8-06 data.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fredj338:
You can always use 338-06 200gr data as a jumping off point for the 8-06 w/ 185gr bullets. Case cap is the same & SD of the bullets is close. Best results will likely be w/ RL15, IMR4064 or IMR 4320. I believe the Nosler manual has 8-06 data.
Thanks fredj338 for the reply and info on my request!!! I have the Nosler 5th edition reloading guide and it just lists 180&200Gr bullet info... how would that work if I used the 180Gr. data for a 185Gr. bullet??? could you clarify the methode for substitution??? Again thanks for the responce...It's as I stated earlier these four manual I have only Nosler has a bullet close to the one I want to use.... I wish someone would publish a universal reloading manual that does not BIAS SOME COMPANY OR PRODUCT!!!!You goto the books and each one a slightly differnt slant on how or what todo!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
that is where the start low and work up comes in. use the 180 data for the 185.
knock it down the 10% and come up.
5 grs isn't much weight at all.
bearing length/jacket thickness will make a noticeable difference.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
that is where the start low and work up comes in. use the 180 data for the 185.
knock it down the 10% and come up.
5 grs isn't much weight at all.
bearing length/jacket thickness will make a noticeable difference.

I agree, 5gr isn't that much diff as long as you are reducing & working up. It's always safe to use heavier bullet data for lighter bullets hough. So using 200gr data verbatum & working it up from there for a 185gr bullet would easily work. It's how I approach oddball bullet wts in any caliber.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote