New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shotshell Powder Availability
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guys I would be particularly grateful if anyone can shed light on any place that might have availability on the following shotshell powders:

1. Hodgon International Clays
2. Winchester Super HCP
3. IMR PB

Posts: 172 | Location: Jackson, New Jersey | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scout Master 54
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth. Nearly all shotgun powders are impossible to find at present. We have learned to make do with what ever we can find at this time rather than the brand we like.

1. The Hodgdon brand of clays powders have been unavailable for about 2 yrs now due to a fire in their suppliers plant in Australia.

2. Most Win Shotgun powders have been hard to find. Good Luck

3. PB has been discontinued, Hodgdon announced it earlier this year. There is "some" on the shelves but you may have to pay up for it when you find it. It was always one of the most expensive powders anyway.

The outlook for supply to improve in the near term isn't good; you just have to continually check all your local vendors as when a shipment arrives it does not last long. Be flexible and evaluate all the other powders that maybe utilized.

Posts: 332 | Location: Western CT | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You. Finally managed to get my hands on a decent quantity of PB at a reasonable price in North Carolina! Guess what my vacation plan this summer is going to be as they do not deliver...

Posts: 172 | Location: Jackson, New Jersey | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scout Master 54
posted Hide Post
Try Shyda's in Harrisburg, PA they have had powder supply on and off and it would save you some miles.

Posts: 332 | Location: Western CT | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote