THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What can I form out of 7mm Rem MAg brass?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted
I've got a heap of brass for my stolen 7mm Rem Mag..I was thinking about somehow justifiying the purchase of another rifle to "make use" of this surplus brass.... [Wink]

What can I form it into? No criteria here, just list anything that comes to mind...

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know you can use it for the .264 win mag.

Posts: 249 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 15 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
300 mag, 338 mag, 308 Norma, 358 Norma..... 350 Rem mag, 6.5 rem mag...... Pick your poison! Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
My brother-in-law has a 270 Ackley Mag made by the old man himself, it is formed from 7mm Mag and looks most perculiar. Or how about a "PMM" (poor mans magnum) 7mm RM necked up to 8mm. [Wink]

Posts: 10164 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Out of 7mm Remington brass you can make .264 Winchester, .338 Win.,.30-.338,any belted cases that are of the same head size and are of equal length or shorter. The shorter rounds would enclude the .350 Remington, 6.5 Remington and 7x61 S&H.Its too short for the .300 Win.Mag. and the two Norma magnums.

Posts: 179 | Location: Westbrook, Maine | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jungli Bains:
...Its too short for the .300 Win.Mag. and the two Norma magnums.

Strictly speaking, true. However, I have made many .358 Norma Mags from 7mm Rem mag -- a 1 mm shorter neck is nothing to worry about. They slightly shorter cases shoot fine (sub MOA) -- and just postpone the day you have to trim the cases... [Smile]

jpb

[ 10-30-2002, 19:20: Message edited by: jpb ]

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote