THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Need load data for 40S&W, w/Blue Dot. Where??

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need load data for 40S&W, w/Blue Dot. Where??
 Login/Join

posted
Hi folks.
I've been sitting on some Rainier 165gr. JHP that I'd like to reload for my .40, but can't for the life of me find any data to utilize my Alliant Blue Dot. Any suggestions? I've thought about using the data that is available with various powders near it in burn rates, but this is a bit 'experimental' for me, and since I have a progressive press, when I start to go at it, I don't want to stop and go somewhere to test drive it... just want to have a reliable load and go for it.
Thanks a bunch,
Robert

Posts: 15 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 02 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Perforator
posted Hide Post
Blue dots a bit stiff for the .40 I believe.

Posts: 399 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Perfect, just what I was searching for!

Posts: 15 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 02 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The best place to get pistol load is from the powder manufacturer:
http://recipes.alliantpowder.com/rg.taf?_function=pistolrevolver&step=1

This is about the same as Steve's site.

I found that Blue Dot is too bulky for really hot 40 S&W loads. The most I could ever fit in a case was 42% extra Blue Dot, While 142% extra 800X makes a much higher velocity.
Blue Dot also makes a big flash.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote