New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey you 6.5-06 shooters...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
How are you folks making your brass? Is it as simple as running a .270 case through the sizer? Is neck turning a must?

Thanks

Roger

Posts: 648 | Location: Huskerville | Registered: 22 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use 30-06 brass, run it thru a .270 sizer without the sizing button first, then thru a 6.5-06 neck size die.

Load as normal and shoot. So far have not had to turn any necks or trim any brass, based on the max length the manufacture of the reamer told me.

Hope this helps.

Pecos

Posts: 93 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With Quote
<seven17>
posted
You can use 270 if your chamber is cut long enough, since it is a tad longer than the 06. I use 25-06 brass because it is super easy and because I can re-headstamp it. I take a small center punch and put a dot where the 2 is in "25-06" and then I have a 1/16" number punch that I stamp a 6 in front of the "dot". Then it reads 6.5-06! I have a 25-06 also and I don't want any mistakes.
Phil

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
I use WW .25-'06 brass. Since I don't have a .25-'06, I haven't stamped the case heads!...jim dodd

------------------
"if you are to busy to
hunt, you are too busy."

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote