New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Shooters Pro Shop/Nosler 2nds feedback
 Login/Join

posted
Fantastic Service !!!

Just bought some 22-50gr Flat Base bullets from them at $7.95/100, great price for a nosler

Posts: 3 | Location: Springfield | Registered: 26 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the game dosen't know if it's firsts or seconds.

Posts: 510 | Location: pa | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Yep, they're just great. That Gabe's a great guy.

I can't wait till the Christmas bill collectors go away so's I can get some 284/140 SB's. Got a pile of 284/150's, 308/150's (all SB's) and 9.3/250 B-Tips from them. Now, if this darned winter weather would just go back to Canada, maybe I'd get to try some.

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They're sold out of 8mm Partitions Oh well, I'll keep checking back.

Posts: 510 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I loaded up some new 375/260 gr accubonds last night. Got them as seconds at under $16 for 50. They look perfect. I'm really curious to see how they shoot. Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

I loaded up some new 375/260 gr accubonds last night. Got them as seconds at under $16 for 50. They look perfect. I'm really curious to see how they shoot. Bob

Yes, I got some of these 260's also. I can see nothing that would make them "seconds". We'll see how they shoot!

<JOHAN>
posted
Cold Bore

I bundeled up on some when I was in Texas. They are great, I coudn't belive they were seconds. I have compared weight and quality with first selection. The only difference is that some seconds might have very small stain or a microscopic ding. They work fine on game and none of the animals complained or died slower because of the seconds

The proshop has the same outstanding customer service as the rest of nosler corp. Gabe is nice guy

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys are right, the folks at the Shooters Pro Shop are great fellows and very helpfull.

My step-son lives close to the store and I called them up and told them to put a new scope on his rifle and bore sight it and then charge it to my credit card. Done deal, they provided great service.

I go up there to visit often and have been in the store a number of times, great people to deal with.

I have to admit I have had mixed results with the seconds, though. I have bought and tried quite a lot of them. I am currently working on a thousand 50 grain Ballistic Tips in my 22-250's and they shoot great. I have had real good luck with 100 grain Partitions in my 25-06 and 160 grain Partitions in my 7mm WBY MAG. However, I bought some 180 grain Partitions for my 300 WBY MAG and they do not shoot very good groups at all!

All in all, a good store and a wealth of information. My only complaint is that they do not give tours of the plant any longer. The tours were very informative and fun. A visit to their ballistic lab is very interesting.

Again, good people to deal with and an interesting store to be sure.

R F

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Price is way too high! No way I would pay $20 for 100 150gr 7mm 2nd's!!!!

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
My 30 cal 200 gr Accubonds came with orange tips and cannalures! Wierd!

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have always had good luck with their seconds. It's a shame that they discontinued tours. I always made it a part of my elk hunting trip to visit the factory and get a walk through.

Last time I was there, I took my first edition #1 reloading manual and they were kind enough to have all three of them sign it.

Posts: 899 | Location: South Bend, Indiana | Registered: 11 August 2003Reply With Quote