Notify
Tools

Re: Pics of the custom 6mm-06....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted
hvyw8t:

That is one fine looking rifle. I am building almost the exact same rifle, but with a Pac-Nor Barrel, and no flutes.

I really appreciate the load data and other info you have posted.

Thanks

Jerry

Posts: 1297 | Location: Chandler arizona | Registered: 29 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Remmington long action, krieger match stainless barrel, 4 groove, 1in 9 twist finished at 28.5 inches. HS Precision pss stock. Leupold scope and mounts.
My hats off to Kirby Allen of Allen Precision ( fifty driver) for putting together an incredible rifle. He has some incredible talent. He finished it ahead of schedule and had some fantastic suggestions along the way. This wont be the last one he specs out for me. I will post some data and groups next. Cheers!

Posts: 485 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 17 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is some data and a pic of a group or two....
54 grains h414
71 grain berger mef
win brass
fed 215m primer
velocity avg. 3956
sd 47 fps
group size .240

57 grains h414
55 grain nosler
win brass
fed 215m primer
average velocity 4432
sd 27 fps
group size .223

Posts: 485 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 17 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One more group...

posted Hide Post
hvyw8t -Would love to see the pics, but they don't show up (trying to view pictures outside of imagestation???)

Posts: 21 | Location: Slaughter, LA | Registered: 31 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I cant access my pictures I have uploaded at Imagestation. Seems they want money now...

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scroll down, the pics are down aways.
http://www.varminthunters.com/forums/ggvg/1index.shtml

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hvyw8t,

I'm am very happy with your satisfaction of the rifle, those loads obviously work well in your rifle. From your testing and my brief testing before shipping the rifle, it seems that anything from the 55 gr Ballistic Tip up to the 105 Berger VLD's will group well under 1/2 moa.

Hope you enjoy your new rifle!

Allen Precision Shooting

Posts: 701 | Location: Fort Shaw, MT | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of pdhntr1
posted Hide Post
hvyw8t,

First of all let me congratulate you on the new rifle. I have 3 Kriegers and the forth one is on order. I have also built stocks for (and tested) almost two dozen guns with Kriegers.

Fifty-driver is right on. Everything you put in it will group less than half inch.

There is one serious problem with them....once you have one, it is just a matter of time before you get another. They are really addictive.

pdhntr

Posts: 731 | Location: NoWis. | Registered: 04 May 2004Reply With Quote