New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler Factory Info
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was able to grt this info, if someone in the area can make contact to find out about their blems please post

Address: 107 SW Columbia
Bend, OR 97702
Tel: (541) 382-3921
Fax: (541) 388-4667

Nosler Bullet Factory Tour. Tour the Nosler bullet factory facility and see the production process for hunting and handgun bullets.

Posts: 2300 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Nosler Store is really a great place and worth going to. As another post mentions on this forum bring lots of money.

In regard to their tours, they are great. Last I knew they were doing tours every Tuesday and Thursday at 2 PM. They used to do them every week day, but no more.

The tours are worth the time for sure, very interesting. The store is full of great products and some great deals on "seconds", and Nosler shirts, hats, etc. They have a very good inventory of rifles and reloading products.

R F

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Prices run about 30 to 35 % off what you can get them thru Midway or Cabela's etc.

Example: paid $12.00 for (50) 140 gr, 6.5 mm partitions. Usually about $20.00 elsewhere.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
R Flowers

What kind of second bullets do they have ? I'm going to Texas in November and would like to stock up one some bullets. Do you think it's possible to order by mail?

Who is the best source for nosler and Swift bullets? Midway, Cabelas, Midsouth? It looks like not everyone has the 9,3 bullets [Roll Eyes]

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
JOHAN
What part of Texas are you going to be in?

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
N E 450 No2

I will stay in Dallas, Fort Worth area. The hunting will be done in Mason county [Smile] I hope to shoot a nice whitetail and something else [Smile]

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Johan, the kinds of bullets that are available at the Nosler store varies somewhat. They have on hand bullets from whatever types they are making at any given time.

The plant is not big enough for Nosler to make every kind of bullet they produce at all times. They have to switch the equipment over to make certain types.

The stock of "seconds" depends on what they are making currently and on the local demand. Some types of bullets get bought up pretty quickly.

On the first post here there is a phone number. Give John a call and see about shipping bullets to you.

I will be there this week and am anxious to see what they have on hand. Last year I bought everything from 50 grain .224 Ballistic Tips to 200 grain .338 Ballistic Tips. All have shot quite well for me.

R F

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tiny
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this infomation,I called them today to check this out.Sounds like a good deal will see when the price sheet gets here.

Posts: 205 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

Who of the large dealers of reloading stuff has 9,3 nosler partitons in stock?

Middsouth hadn't [Confused]

An internet link would be nice [Smile]

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a daughter I visit each autumn in Portland, OR. How far away is Bend from Portland.
The Nosler plant is beginning to sound more and more like a candy store, and I do love candy stores. Are bullet prices prety much the same as in the gun shops? Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of badgerrr
posted Hide Post
My map sez 162 miles. From Portland, think I'd be inclined to head East down 82 - turn south at the Dalles to 197. Should be less traffic thataway.

The location is a little off the main drag, so allow yourself some time to find it. [Smile]

Posts: 107 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 01 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I picked up 2 bags(50 each) of 130gn .277 partitions for $25.00 at their store. A buddy of mine has also ordered stuff from them over the phone for mail delivery. You have to pretty much call for caliber/weight availability and I think you have to specify blems when you ask. He talked to them and said that structurally they were identical to the boxed stuff at the stores, but the color or nose shape or something or other just wasn't right for retail sale. I'm not sure if they're commercially available or not, but I think they also have some uncoated samples of the Combined Technology stuff. Haven't been on a tour, but the staff is real helpful and friendly. If you're going to try and go, I definitely recommend printing out an internet map; if not you're gonna drive in circles for a while. [Big Grin]

Posts: 108 | Location: not where I was... | Registered: 09 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by l wells:
I picked up 2 bags(50 each) of 130gn .277 partitions for $25.00 at their store. A buddy of mine has also ordered stuff from them over the phone for mail delivery. You have to pretty much call for caliber/weight availability and I think you have to specify blems when you ask. He talked to them and said that structurally they were identical to the boxed stuff at the stores, but the color or nose shape or something or other just wasn't right for retail sale. I'm not sure if they're commercially available or not, but I think they also have some uncoated samples of the Combined Technology stuff. Haven't been on a tour, but the staff is real helpful and friendly. If you're going to try and go, I definitely recommend printing out an internet map; if not you're gonna drive in circles for a while. [Big Grin]

Oregon is a nice place to drive in circles for awhile, though... [Smile]

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting that Nosler sells bullets cheaper than the stores that buy from them. You won't find that happening at Sierra. Green Box is the same price as it is in retail. Most ethical businesses won't undercut their own customers. Sierra's seconds are sold by the pound, and really aren't any cheaper than Green Box through Jerry's/Simmons.

Posts: 529 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GET IT RIGHT, SST. Nosler sells BLEMS at the store in Bend, just like Sierra sells BLEMS by the pound in So. Cal and they are NOT TRYING to undercut their retailers, AND both makers prices for their BLEMS are in the 25% to 35% price range reduction.

I used to live about 10 miles from Sierra and bought a lot of those BLEMS. Some were totally piss poor and others perfect. By the time I seperated out the bad ones I could have bought new ones cheaper. I quit messing with the extra steps to save a penny or two a bullet.

Nosler is a different story. Their BLEMS are so close to perfect I can't tell any difference. When a defect is found or the process goes out of control they take a section out of the line and call them BLEMS and sell them as such. I live 120 miles from Bend and go through there at least 3 times a year for a load, but I don't make a special trip just for bullets. I also buy almost as many through any number of outlets. Any, Yes...the bullet making tour is an eye opener. SST, Maybe you should come out and take the tour before making such damned ignorant statements. Don't feel bad, you're not alone. This site if full of misinformation, disinformation, outright bone headed statements and total lies.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Makatak,
I guess I'm going to have to read a little more carefully. One of the above responses didn't reflect the difference between retail and blems, and I must have had a tempory case of age related brain misfunction. You probably could have been a little more civil pointing out the oversight to a fellow handloader, but I guess I'll live through it.

I've been handloading for 34 years now, and do quite a bit of shooting. I've found that having every component of the rifle and loaded cartridge concentric with the axis of the bore is probably more important to consistent accuracy than almost everything else, provided that the firearm and load are capable of such to begin with. I basically keep 3 types of bullets on hand. Those capable of extreme accuracy for target shooting, those suitable for hunting accuracy and terminal performance on game, and those I use for plinking. I do a lot of plinking, and the blems are great for that. I haven't purchased any blems from Nosler, but I've bought a lot of blems from Sierra in the past when in the area. I haven't done that for some time, since I can now buy their Green Box for the same price as their blems. I still have a few bins full of them, though. Most of them shoot as well as Green Box, but time and TLC is first required. The blems are also fine for determining max loads with that particular bullet.

Posts: 529 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I went to the Nosler plant last week and enjoyed shopping in the Shooter's Pro Shop.

I had some very good discussions with the folks there about why I cannot get their new Accubonds to shoot in several rifles. Of course, I am the first one to complain about the accuracy. They had some very informative bullets samples of the Accubonds, the Swift Scirocco, and the Hornady Interbond, all fired into test media at nearly identical velocities. The Accubonds performed well, indeed. The Hornady maintained great weight retention, but the expansion was dramatic with some of them flat as a pancake. Accordingly, the penetration with the Hornady was less than the others.

Anyway, the point of this post is to say they have on hand a good stock of seconds. The only thing I was looking for that was out of stock were 40 grain Ballistic Tips in 22 caliber. I bought a mess of 50 grain bullets, though. They had 22 caliber Ballistic Tip "firsts" on hand for $13.95 a box of 100 or $29.95 for 500. The 50 grain "seconds" I bought were $10.95 for a bag of a hundred.

They had plenty of Accubonds on hand, both firsts and seconds.

Most of the prices on the seconds are good, though they are not consistant in how much they are reduced from the firsts. Some are a great deal while others are not discounted very much from the price of the first run bullets. One of the best buys right now are 338-250 Partitions for $18.95/50, good deal.

In regard to shipping, they will only ship to sights inside the USA. They ship UPS to the lower 48 states and US Postal Service to Alaska and Hawaii. They will not ship to Canada.

Great store to visit, while I was there they had reps from Remington and Leupold on hand. They were having a drawing, giving away a bunch of products including Leupold optics.

R F

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Where does Sierra sell blems in So.Cal?? Any contact info?

Thx,

M

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
raamw,thanks for starting this thread and contact information. R Flowers, thanks for the heads up on 338 bullets.

Just received my order of 225 gr. 338 accubonds and 250 gr. partitions and had to look really hard to find only one bullet with slight blemish.

Haven't had a chance to shoot any yet, but based on what I can see, would expect accuracy to equal first line bullets.

Regards,
hm

Posts: 913 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Just a little FYI-

Someone posted a site for the Nosler store earlier. But if you didn't get it it is [URL=http://www.shootersproshop.com]
I couldn't find it on the web under a search but here it is!!! Seconds online!!!!!!!

Posts: 5 | Location: Spokane | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Clickable lick:

http://www.shootersproshop.com/

Hog_Hunter,
Thanks for posting that link!!

-Bob F.

[ 07-25-2003, 19:14: Message edited by: BFaucett ]

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Makatak, you're pretty fucking rude!!! There was no reason for you to come down like that.
If you don't like the misinformation, bone headed statements and outright lies around here, why don't you find another room. I don't mind the misinformation and bone headed statements nearly as much as I dislike the self-righteous little pricks like you.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cal Sibley:
I have a daughter I visit each autumn in Portland, OR. How far away is Bend from Portland.
The Nosler plant is beginning to sound more and more like a candy store, and I do love candy stores. Are bullet prices prety much the same as in the gun shops? Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

You can buy quite a few bullets for what it will cost you to drive from Portland to Bend and back, especially if you stay overnight (and I would if I were you).

Posts: 162 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: 15 July 2003Reply With Quote