Find
Notify
Tools

Scored a Brick!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted
Went in to a gun shop today and was surprised to find a brick of stuff perfect for rolling your own

Federal 215's. They had 5 bricks out on the shelf and the guy said they'd just come in today. He also had 5 boxes of 210M's. He had only got one brick and the rest had already been sold. I bought 3 of the 5 and left the other 2 for some other lucky stiff.

Maybe the drought is over.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Are these hard to find???

I stocked up a long time ago after the various shortages so I'm kind of out of touch on current availability.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2507 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting that a box of 215s that "just came it" is red as opposed as the new color blue.

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kyler Hamann:
Are these hard to find???

I stocked up a long time ago after the various shortages so I'm kind of out of touch on current availability.

Kyler

I had about 15 boxes a year ago and was down to my last 1 1/2 boxes. Was even starting to try and substitute other primers. The 210M's have been gone off the shelf a little longer. Supposedly because Federal got a big military contract and was busy with that. Midways still shows "Out of stock, no backorder" for all the Federal primers.

Don't know about the blue box / red box question. Were the 215's in red boxes before they changed the color scheme about a year ago? I forgot.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
why does federal package them in those huge plastic cases, seems it would be cheaper to do it the CCI way?

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 604 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you are looking for 210Ms Midsouth has some in stock.

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by model7LSS:
why does federal package them in those huge plastic cases, seems it would be cheaper to do it the CCI way?

Agreed. The Federal packaging takes up about three times the space of a "normal" carton of primers. They also spill into a primer tray irregularly compared to other packaging. I like Winchester because they are all face-down, making them properly oriented face-up when I dump them into the tray of my Lee Auto Prime.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
quote:
Originally posted by model7LSS:

Agreed. The Federal packaging takes up about three times the space of a "normal" carton of primers. They also spill into a primer tray irregularly compared to other packaging. I like Winchester because they are all face-down, making them properly oriented face-up when I dump them into the tray of my Lee Auto Prime.

+1 more thumb

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote