New
Find
Notify
Tools

Exporting dies OS?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi folks, more of a question about one of you (in general) exporting a set of loading dies to Australia.
Every website over your way keeps telling me that a FL die set is a restricted item for export, is this so?

How would I go getting a kind soul to mail a set to me if I pay for them and postage up front, would it be restricted?
If anyone can help a guy out, I'm in desperate need of either a RCBS FL or Neck die set, which ever is available, in 416Rigby. Mine have been stolen and it's impossible to get a set over here for at least 6 months! RCBS do not have them in stock, and production is 2-3 months away, which means at leasr 6 monthe before any would show up down under.
Thanks.

Cheers.

Posts: 683 | Location: N E Victoria, Australia. | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never had any trouble with getting dies from US; however many (most?) of the large stockists doesn't ship anything out of US.
Find one of the smaller businesses and our dies will arrive.-)

Posts: 118 | Location: Norway | Registered: 09 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sinclair ships international, check with them.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/as...rnational_Sales.aspx

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Grafs will ship and they have Hornady FL 416 dies. However is an export license is required they have a $250 minimum order.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, tried all those mentioned.
Guess I'll have to wait.

Cheers.

Posts: 683 | Location: N E Victoria, Australia. | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ch4d and huntingtons both mailed me dies in oz

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
416 rigby hunter
I have a spare set of dies for the 416 rigby if your interested, I,m in Canberra ,
pm me if interested.

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks again guys, it's appreciated.
Cheers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buy the one you want and have them shipped to me. I will mail them to you. I believe most companies don't want to fool with it.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reloading tools are not covered by ITAR, dies, moulds, presses, are not restricted under the DDTC regs. Brass, bullets, powders, are restricted.
You may need to get export papers to send them out, and a lot of vendors won't go to the trouble of doing it (mostly because they have no clue how to do it.). Only thing you need to check is what sort of forms are needed to go to Australia. It may be a simple declaration like Canada, may need proper papers made up to meet Aussie import rules.

Krieghoff Classic 30R Blaser
Stevens 044-1/2 218 Bee
Ruger #1A 7-08
Rem 700 7-08
Tikka t3x lite 6.5 creedmo
Tikka TAC A1 6.5 creedmo
Win 1885 300H&H. 223Rem
Merkel K1 7 Rem mag
CCFR

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tis a minefield all this. I did send .308 Norma Magnum cases to Oz and the guy there did need, and obtain, import licence. I didn't need any UK export licence.

A lot of folk not wanting to send overseas is that the buyer always wants a cheap postage option and then, if he things don't arrive, complains that he/she now won't get proper compensation.

As to Canada! Never! I used to sell to Canada but got fed up with buyers complaining that weeks and months had passed and the item not arrived. Turned out the problem was Canada Customs and Excise.

So I now never send items to Canada as they seem to get "lost" in Canada Customs and Excise!

Posts: 6820 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote