Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Troubles With RCBS 10-10 Scales
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all. I am having trouble with my RCBS 10-10 (Ohaus) Scales. It had always had to have the adjusting nut all the way in to weigh which made it very un-level. It bothered me and then recently I did a check with RCBS check weights and discovered it was weighing a little light. I looked around on YouTube the other night and found a video of a guy telling how to properly adjust the scales.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?f...ilpage&v=HOKJxe0FUTk

I could hardly sleep that night as I was anxious to try and repair/adjust my scales. The next day I leveled the scales (using two levels just to be sure) and added a little weight to the pan. I very carefully zeroed it and anxiously checked it with test weights. It is still weighing progressively lighter. About .2 grains on 10, about .4 on 40 and 50, and about .6 on 70. I checked the knives on the balance beam, cleaned the plastic blocks the knives rest on, made sure there was absolutely no dust on it anywhere, and finally adjusted the knives ever so slightly to where they were 90 degrees from the balance beam. I made sure the beam was centered on the plastic blocks and not rubbing anywhere, but nothing seemed to make much difference. I got my old 5-0-5 Scales out that I had quit using because it occasionally stuck and did all the same things to it, and now it works perfectly. Does anyone have a suggestion as to something I could try before I give up and send it in for repairs?

Posts: 2 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: 03 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Call RCBS they will give you a return number sent it and they will have it fixed in no time.

I broke my 10-10 balance beam fixed it no charge fast.

Posts: 19621 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
How offend do you clean your scales? dust can be a problem.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote