New
Find
Notify
Tools

Teaching kids to reload....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
here is a link to some pictures of my son and one of his friends who was inspired at a council campout in the spring that a local cowboy action shooting group came out and demonstrated what they do...it sure inspired the boys quite a bit...

The Heavier set boy, Brandon, was going to be leaving for the summer to spend it with his mom in Oklahoma....So I let him load up some 30/30 loads and some 45 Long Colt loads ( supervised of course).. the loads were at Cowboy Action velocities and with cast bullets...

Here is a link to the pics of him loading for the 45 Colt and the 30/30 and then him shooting the 45 Colt....My son was adding pointers, that he has learned...

cheers
seafire
cheers

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2102374445

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
There goes one happy kid.. thumb

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is real self esteem [accomplishing things]not the BS kind they 'give ' you in school !! clap

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Looks great.

You need some more stuff in your reloading room. Wink I think I have about that much but the room is half the size. beer

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scout Master 54
posted Hide Post
Great job!

I have been instructing a select group of Scouts at each week at summer camp to load their own shotgun shells then shoot them for their Shotgun Merit Badge. They get great satisfaction doing it that way.

Congrats Seafire - keep it up!

Posts: 332 | Location: Western CT | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sixgun Symphony
posted Hide Post
If everyone were to teach a boy to shoot and handload, then the future of our RTKBA will be secured.

Posts: 1254 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 June 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My youngest son which is 15 yrs.old is a history buff. He bought an Enfield 303 and also a M1 Garand.I taught him how to handload for these two rounds. He learned quick and does a very good job at it. He shoots a lot at the range and also took a deer with the Enfield last year.I'm glad he has a great interest in guns and handloading. My oldest son likes to hunt but doesn't care to handload ammo.

Posts: 8 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's always great to see young people getting involved in shooting sports.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am 16 and started handloading beginning of this year. It's very satisfactory to see small groups printed on paper, but especially to know that you're the reason why it's small. I plan to keep handloading and using them for the critters i hunt.

Gun control is hitting your target.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
My folks got a reloading kit for me and my younger brothers when I was about 14 years old, a little instruction from dad and we were off and running and me and both of my brothers have been lifelong reloaders since. I'm now 45 years old and have been having my 12 year old help me load for 8 years or so and now my 3 year old is "helping" ( I let him seat the bullets ).
They are ecstatic about it!
Keep up the good work Seafire!

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys!

cheers
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote