THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    RFI -- Vihtavuori Oy N500-Series Data for .375 H&H Magnum

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RFI -- Vihtavuori Oy N500-Series Data for .375 H&H Magnum
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted
Request for information: Do any of you have the most current reloading manual from Vihtavuori Oy and, if so, does it list any data for the N500-series powders in handloading the .375 H&H Magnum? Specifically, if you could list it for me, I need the load data to include the pressure information.

Thank you.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Patrick_D>
posted
Russ,

I have the third edition manual, which does list 500-series for some applications, but only shows loads for 375 H&H Mag with N140 and N160.

It seems to me that 500 series powder are at their most useful in small to medium bore rounds mainly with heavier projectiles, a profile which your round does not fit.

I have used N550 in 6.5x55, and it was successful in terms of accuracy and velocity, but the muzzle flash was unacceptable for low-light work.

Patrick

one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting.

From the ".375 H&H Magnum Page," I learned about an article in Handloader #200. I ordered and received that issue and read the article. Ken Waters had great success with N150 and "270-grain and lighter bullets." I have N550 and would like to try it. I'm sure I could go with his N150 data (start, 72.0; max, 74.0), but I'd rather use N550 data if it's available... which I guess it isn't. Bummer.

Thanks.

Russ

one of us
posted Hide Post
Russ,they don't have N550 listed in their latest handout,try an E-mail,www.vihtavuori.fi,in a 30.06 N550 starts about 2grs heavier and goes about 2grs more at max over N150.I found the N550 and N560 seem to work best at max. I will add the usual caution about working up,etc.What's the 375 for?

Posts: 480 | Location: B.C.,Canada | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This year, elk and mule deer in Montana. Next year, bear in Arizona.

I'll send them an E-mail, thanks.

Russ

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
If it's any help...

235 grain bullets N-540 From 70.0 grains to 74.0 grains with Remington 9-1/2M primer

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote