New
Find
Notify
Tools

Norma Gunpowder?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Norma Magnum Rifle powder, anyone have experience with it? I may take a look at it in my 240 wby mag.

Posts: 492 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
<Safarischorsch>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by AggieDog:
Norma Magnum Rifle powder, anyone have experience with it? I may take a look at it in my 240 wby mag.

Well it is the original Weatherby poweder i use 204 in my 460... but 56 Euro per bottle... [Frown] [Eek!]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used it quite a bit over the past 8 years. It's burning rate is similiar to Rel 22, but is "NOT" the same powder as some will claim. It's given me good to great performance in a number of rounds...6mm Rem, .250 Savage AI, .257R, .280 Rem and 7x61 S&H.

Posts: 92 | Location: Tracy, CA | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replys, I think I may order some of it and try it out.

Posts: 492 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JKuczmarski:
I've used it quite a bit over the past 8 years. It's burning rate is similiar to Rel 22, but is "NOT" the same powder as some will claim. ...

JKuczmarski is correct.

Norma MRP is the same as RL-25 -- both of which are made on the same production line in Bofors Sweden.

There is variation between the two, but no more than between lots of powder. Reduce at least 10% and work up if you have data from one and are reloading the other.

jpb (in Sweden)

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JP, thanks for the info.

one of us
posted Hide Post
MRP is my powder of choice in a .338 win. Very good performance.
www.grafs.com is the only place I know that carries all Norma powders.

Posts: 694 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA | Registered: 09 January 2001Reply With Quote