Find
Notify
Tools

Today's range results
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
I received my Sako M591 LH in the mail today. I had an Obermeyer D3 SS 5R cut to 24" installed on it. Never fired. I will post pic asap.

Ultimately, I cleaned after every shot for the first 16 rounds. All groups were about 1-1/4". I moved the scope during break-in. First 2 shots weren't even on paper.

17-19 I cleaned after the 3 were fired. Again, nothing impressive whatsoever, probably about a 1-1/2" group.

The next 5 were shot without cleaning. Measured 0.300 center to center. Rangemaster and I were the only 2 at the range after 630pm. He said, "good shootin."

The loads were virgin Lapua brass, WW primers, a light load of IMR4064 (can't remember charge of top of my head), and 210 Berger VLDs. I like longer bullets for break-in.

Wife is at football game with camera. Will show target when possible.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went to the range yesterday and again today.

I write up range reports, email, print, staple to targets, and file.

I feel like Homer Simpson when he said, "Who would have thought that reading and writing would pay off?"

My range reports look allot like my lab reports in school [that I hated to write] 40 years ago.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doc, that sounds great. I really think you have to get some number of rounds down the tube before what you really are gonna get out of her. For that heavy of a pill, and a fresh tube, that is awesome.

Good on ya!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote