THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Whoops! Thanks Savage99......Partitions....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Did u take a look on the pic�s of the roe ?
cheers
Konstantin

here the link: Fallow thread and PT�s

Posts: 334 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have posted some new pics of a roe calve that i have shot today with the PT.
Good effect but enourmous exit hole!
Just wondering why....

cheers
Konstantin

Posts: 334 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted Hide Post
The 30-06 and 180 Nosler Partitions, have qccounted for 5 elk the last 6 years. Shots varied in range from 50 yards, to 200. All were one shot kills, and all passed thru.

The load, and the usual disclaimers apply, was 57 grains of 4350 with the 180, out of a 24" Springfield barrel, and the vels were 2825+.

Good bullet, and they will group well, and perform on game as required.

Jerry

Posts: 1297 | Location: Chandler arizona | Registered: 29 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I chose the 150 grain Partition because it shoots well in both my 30/06 rifles, gives a flatter trajectory and so far has punched through all animals up to the biggest boars and sows I might encounter here.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Konst., the advantage of the Nosler Partition over many other premium bullets is that it is made very soft on the front end to permit rapid expansion at all ranges, but with the heavily constructed rear end to provide deep penetration at all ranges/velocity levels. In over 40 years of using them, I have only found TWO Partiton bullets inside an animal. Both of these had hit heavy bone after making a long wound channel, and were going quite slow by the time they hit the bone!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey duke,
if i understood you right you already use the PT for/on boars. What are your personal experiences?
How often does the bores get away, how often you have "instant kills" and banned the boar at the place ...and if they run away, how far did they get by average?
Did u shoot in the open field or on short "Kirrungsentfernungen".
If u can show up with some pic�s, would apreciate any comment.
Thx�s

Konstantin

one of us
posted Hide Post
konst#1

When you wrote the word "kirrungsentfernungen" I wonder what it means?

I have a bottle of something called Rotwildlockmittel from Frankonia Jagd. On the backside of the bottel i found some instructions about how to use it. There was one word i couldn't find in my german-norwegian dictionary; Kirr or better Kirrmaterial.Perhaps Kirrmaterial is the same as lockmittel?

BTW have you tried this "deer lure remedy"?

Posts: 162 | Location: Norway | Registered: 28 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nosler partitions are the bullet by which all others are judged, that should tell you something...when someone claims a failure with a Nosler partition, I like Ross Seyfried, just grin and say "show me"....I have used them for 60 years without a single failure and on lots of game..I used the 165 Nosler for bull elk for many years in both my 06 and .308, mostly in the .308, it works...I personally prefer the 180 gr. in the 06 and 200 gr. in the 300 magnums.

As for lung shots,well the kills will not be as dramatic as an explosive bullet, but it will punch two holes and give you a good blood trail and a sure kill, something one cannot guarentee with a bullet that might blow up....also it tends to be less damaging to meat, but not always as it depends on if bone is hit or not...

There are some bullets as good, but none are better than a Nosler partition......

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
@Hoertejeger...

Yes you are right Kirrung is a german "hunter word" which means the place where you bring out corn or potatoes ,grass or whatever for feeding your game.

Kirrung is a small place where you are allowed to shoot on game, because they -originaly- should help the hunter to draw e.g. the boars from the field (to prevent field damage) into the forest.

Instead of this there are F�tterungen. F�tterungen can be "hugh" by size and at this place you are not allowed to hunt, because during hard times the game should find there something to eat .

Got it ?

To all other, thx�s for the various answers

I love this forum

so, thumbs up for you and happy hunting

Konstantin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Konstantin,

during the last 2 years I shot about 25 pieces of game with the 150 grain Partitions, between roe deer and wild pigs. I used the Ballistic Tips for some time because I wanted to make sure that I found the game without problems.

I found out however that the PT kills as reliable but spoil much less meat. I shoot behind the front leg and roe deer and smaller hogs usually drop dead on the spot. There is one once in a while with a deep heart shot which tends to run some 10 to 30 meters or so. The bigger pigs like 55 kgs gutted and above are of course a much tougher animal. Even with a perfect heart/lung shot sometimes they can go up to 30 to 50 meters but as Ray already stated, there is always a good blood trail even a human can follow at night. If you hit them a little farther to the rear, like heart/liver, they can go a little further but bleed nearly as well.

When shooting foxes, the observable difference is very small, the PT makes them "blow up" nearly as good as the softer BT. Not good for the fur at all...

I would reason that after impact the PT is first nearly as soft as the BT. Once the softer front part is wasted, usually after penetrating most of the game, the remaining rear core just goes ahead and secures the exit wound.

Since so far I never recovered a bullet, I see for our hunting conditions no need to go for the 165 grain bullet because the lighter ones punch through just as well and, I would presume, offer a better hydrostatic shock due to it's higher velocity and speed of impact. The trajectory is a little flatter as well.

There is in my experience no difference if you shoot at a larger distance. I like to get close but when forced to shoot at up to 140 meters, the result was usually the same.

If the 150 grainers shoot well with your rifle, give them a try. Did I mention that I like those bullets?

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote