New
Find
Notify
Tools

EBAYS reloading advice WOW!!
 Login/Join

Picture of barefootarkie
posted
I keep a close watch on Ebay reloading listings. Have been for years and have found a few bagains here and there. It was today that I scrolled down past the listings and found Ebay's helpful hints to those new to handloading. After reading, one word comes to mind, WOW!! From brass selection to (black) powder choices, WOW!! I felt inclined to screenshoot it and share, just for laughs, but I couldn't figure out how to download the screenshot in this post. I copied and pasted the text directly from Ebays'reloading equipment' and is as follows:
How do you choose the right brass for reloading?
If you are ready to reload your own equipment, you will need to purchase the right brass. There are as many brass types on the market as there are already loaded bullets. You choose brass to reload the same way you choose bullets for your firearm.
For instance, if you have a .22-caliber Hornet, you would choose .22-caliber ammo. If you are purchasing reloading brass for your .22, you need to choose .22 brass. Its important to select the right brass to reload or your firearm will not work properly. If you use the wrong bullets in your gun, you could have unexpected results, which could lead to severe injury.
How do you choose the right powder for reloading?
One of the main ingredients in reloading ammunition is powder. Most companies offer black powder in 1-pound or 8-pound containers. Not all black powder is made exactly the same or for the same purpose. Some products are designed for use with rifles, and others are made to be used with pistols or handguns.
Its vital that hunters reload their brass with the appropriate black powder. If the wrong substance or amount is used, the ammo may be dangerous to use.
If you are hunting a particular animal or predators such as coyotes, you may want to use a product that specializes in taking down that varmint.
What hunting equipment reloading supplies are helpful?
In addition to black powder and brass, there are many other supplies that may help you reload ammunition easily and quickly. Useful accessories for making bullets are listed below.
Bullet polish
Media, corn or walnut
Tumbler
Caliper
Lube kit

Posts: 51 | Location: Redfield,Ar | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I just forgot everything I ever knew about reloading after reading that....jeeezus.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I jes kant wait to fillup my hornet case with black powder special like design for varmints and make bullet out of corn and walnuts with a kaliper... homer

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
I jes kant wait to fillup my hornet case with black powder special like design for varmints and make bullet out of corn and walnuts with a kaliper... homer

Don't forget the bullet polish.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about a link? I can't seem to find that door.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 545 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
about what i would expect out of flea bay

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
English may not be his/her first language.

I don't know which would be more dangerous: for an expert to write instructions about a potentially dangerous technical process without complete command of the language (and all that implies), or being fluent in the language and writing instructions about a dangerous process you are completely ignorant of.

Hmmm. Maybe I should embrace the power of the word "and."

The person may not be fluent in English AND may be clueless about reloading. I think I'll go with this.

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of barefootarkie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M Pursell:
How about a link? I can't seem to find that door.

https://www.ebay.com/b/Hunting...ent/31823/bn_1860483

Scroll towards the bottom of the page

Posts: 51 | Location: Redfield,Ar | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SNORT beer ....I just spewed my Scotch all over my keyboard.

eBay best stick to selling rubber dogshit from China.
- Mike

Posts: 296 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 13 April 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:

The good old 1911 works very well with 14 grains ffffg under a 230grain ball ;-)
A royal mess to clean but oh so very fun at the firing line!

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
quote:

You do know you can't do that. The Hornet is a "modern" cartridge and therefore requires a black powder substitute such as Black Horn, Pyrodex etc.

Steve.........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1839 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote