Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

25-06 and 100 Gr. TTSX
 Login/Join

posted
Looking for a load for this. Just got some of the TTSX's and want to load up some hunting rounds. Also would like to know what you guys are loading for a cartridge OAL on this. thanks for the info.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just set up a load for my Encore in 25-06 with the 100gr TSX. I'm not at my bench right now but I think the load was 54.5gr of Re22 with Fed210 primers. I seated to .030" off the lands. I chronoed the loads last weekend at 3330fps. If my memory is off I will correct when I get home.

Posts: 889 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't load for a 25-06, but I do load the TSX and T-TSX in 22Hornet through 300 Weatherby.

I always start at the book COL and, so far, have not had to deviate from that for best accuracy.

These are usually very easy bullets to make shoot accurately.

Posts: 620 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine likes them using 53gr of IMR-4350 with Winchester neck sized brass, Fed 210M primers, and seated to 3.23" OAL.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I do not shoot the tipped version of the Barnes TSX, but use the standard hollow point in my 25-06.

My load is exactly what I used to use behind the 100 grain Nosler Partition before the stupid CA lead ban went into effect around here.

I load R-P cases, use Fed210 primers, 54 grains of IMR 4831, and 100 grain TSX bullets seated to an OAL of 3.16. This gives 3/4 inch groups in my rifle and chronographs a little over 3300 fps.

I have shot a number of wild hogs with this load and have yet to recover a bullet. Coyotes which have been a target of opportunity while hog hunting dropped in their tracks when shot with the 100 TSX.

I shot a huge old boar last year that I could barely drag by myself. The bullet entered the right shoulder and exited the left side of the neck. When I finally got it to where a pickup could go, two of us could not load it. We had to drive the pickup off into a low spot and roll that hog in the back.

R Flowers

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 25-06 likes 100 gr Barnes TSX .050" off the lands with CCI primers, and 52 gr. RL19. 3140 fps out of a stainless Douglas 24" barrel.

Posts: 283 | Location: SW Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Cannot really give you reloading detail because we in Namibia (for that matter South Africa)only have the Somchem Powders.) What I can tell you though is that mine work very well 100gr Spartan(Similar to Barnes--South African Copper Bullet)on anything from Springbok to Eland!
Will love to test the Barnes bullets aswell on a few bigger criters.

Posts: 7 | Location: Namibia --Africa | Registered: 17 February 2011Reply With Quote