Login/Join

<eldeguello>
posted
Yes! 15.41850220 grains = 1 gram!!

one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Do the 'reloading' digital scales have 2 or greater decimal places for grams?

The ones I`ve seen do. Grams is used commonly over seas, the Vihtavuori powder manuals I have list data in both grams and grains.

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sabot,

Quote:

Don't forget that a gram is the weight of 1CC of water

Actually this is incorrect. 1 gram is the MASS of 1 cubic centimeter of distilled/deionized water.

Not that it is all that significant an error.

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the correction...I assumed that we would be reloading on the planet Earth.

Water is way cool as it will not compress, and decreases in density only when it approaches freezing...otherwise there would be no fish in cold climates. All nitrocellulose prepellants expand and contract more than water at temps above freezing.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Afton, VA | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AAAH, you guys are all wet! Down in Miami, they convert it like this: [1 gram = $200.00 = 1 sore nose + a stranger in bed + 1 dose of ampicillan] / attorney fees = Headache Grande Take 3x5 grain aspirin USP and call your doctor in the morning if symptoms persist.

So, 1 gram = 15 grains!

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Funny, I remember everything but the headache.

www.quitinthenickotime.com

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sabot,

There are gentlemen on this thread taking the conversion out to 4 and 5 decimal places. With that level of precision, the error you posted between weight and mass while on PLANET EARTH would become significant!!!

Besides if you goin' to teach, you might as well teach 'em right. mass does not equal weight. (except on Planet earth @ Sea Level)

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
454's close enough for me.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
19 replies, not counting mine, for hand book conversion info. Must be a slow day . roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote