New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooters.com / Hunters.com roll call?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Posted this on the big game forum, but figured I should put it over here too.

I just thought I'd throw this out here to get a general idea of how many folks came over here (or were already here) from Shooters.com / Hunters.com and if your handle is different, what it was over there, so that I can re-associate who you are.

Regards,
Tom

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi - I was maxman over at Shooters, and I'm still the same here.... [Big Grin]

Posts: 337 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
I THINK I was over there [Confused] I hang out at so many forums it's hard to keep track. I'm R-WEST all over the place tho...

R-WEST (natch)

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Kingfisher,

I was Smoker over at the Shooters.com and I'm Smoker* here. Someone already had the handle Smoker.

Good Shooting,

Me

Posts: 178 | Location: Pennsylvania - USA | Registered: 17 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Heya Smoker! Did you ever get that 405 built that you were planning on for so long?

Regards,
Tom

one of us
posted Hide Post
BruceB, present and accouted for....my sign-on name here is Bren Mk1, but I'm still signing off with the old handle.

Regards from BruceB (aka Bren Mk1)

Posts: 437 | Location: nevada | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was Maven on Shooters and am Maven here. I started posting here when we learned Shooters was in trouble.

Posts: 480 | Location: N.Y. | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Vibe
posted Hide Post
Yo Kingfisher.
I used to close down the Shooters.com chat around 3 in the AM too.

[ 10-30-2003, 06:24: Message edited by: Vibe ]

Posts: 211 | Location: Little Rock, AR. USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was there under Hcliff too.

Hcliff

Posts: 305 | Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Deputy Al, there and here. Mostly a Cast Bullet addict, but I do shoot some of the less complicated full length gas check designs too.

Posts: 299 | Location: Yucaipa CA | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ricochet from shooters.com here.

Posts: 424 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 28 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
I left shooters at least 3 years ago, maybe more, and don't recall my handle there.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RobertD
posted Hide Post
Hey there Shooters folks!

I used to post on Shooters as RobertD and I am using the same handle here. Glad to see familar names!

RobertD

Posts: 269 | Location: East Bay, CA | Registered: 11 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
was talltines2 over at shooters and now I am 445 supermag here. Reason is that I got my 445 supermag after I was already signed on to shooters. Now I am 445 supermag just about everywhere I go.

Brian

Posts: 119 | Location: NJ | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"~Arctic~ there, ~Arctic ~ everywhere"!

Posts: 277 | Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada | Registered: 13 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just pushing this back to the top of the list for a few more days.

Regards,
Tom

posted Hide Post
Was Tacshooter at shooters.com

Posts: 3 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
45nut here, 45 nut there...had to sign on over on the Marlin board as THE 45nut but try to stay on the same handle everywhere. Getting most of the Cast group together from shooters over on Cast Boolits . Anyone with a Pb interest is welcome [Smile] 45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom,

My gunsmiths haven't finished the rifle yet...They said that it will be finished by the new year. It's been a long wait. I went out to see them a couple weeks ago and the barrel and action are together but the stock isn't finished.

I'm trying to be patient...but its been 2 years. The trouble is - they are so good I don't want to push. The .35 Whelen and 8mm-06 they made for me are absolutely beautiful in all respects. The woodwork is flawless. Both are one hollers and I expect that the .405 will be no less so than those rifles.

When I get the rifle and am able to cap off a few rounds I will post the data. I will have to dig out my Beta Master Chrony. I am really excited about the .411, 360 gr. bullet that North Fork is researching. Their bullets have a fine reputation and I am anxious to put the bullet through that rifle.

Sorry, Tom, I didn't mean to run on so...

Good shooting,

Smoker

Posts: 178 | Location: Pennsylvania - USA | Registered: 17 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's ok Smoker, I'm all about "running on". I should have started a separate topic for this anyway. [Smile]

Sounds like you're going to have a real good gun when they're done. One of my next purchases is going to be a Ruger #1 in 405... I might have already mentioned that. I'm really aching for one of those since I've already got all of the components.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom,

I will check the OAL of the cartridge I am able to load. Since you will have such a strong action you may be able to do similar loads. You'll have to be careful when loading but hopefully, together, we will be able to come up with some good loads.

Take care,

Smoker

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a plan. On a side note, I think the Barnes .411's now have the cannelure in the right place for the Model 95's, so that should keep the OAL to a reasonable level. I'm hoping to try the Barnes soon, but didn't feel like shelling out the $50 for a box of bullets just so I could try them and Barnes never responded to my email asking for a couple of bullets for testing. I'm not sure what the OAL is on my current loads but I crimp them at the factory Hornady cannelure so it'll be the same length as the factory rounds. I lucked out at the last Midsouth Blem sale. I got 200 Hornady FNSP's for $30 or something like that. I'm still burning those up.

[ 11-04-2003, 23:02: Message edited by: Kingfisher ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom,

I don't want to crimp my cartridges as though they would be loaded in a Win. 95. I want to increase case capacity by crimping closer to the base of the bullet. It won't increase the available powder space very much - but additional space will be appreciated. That's why I like the design of the North Fork bullets. There are a variety of groves.

It will be interesting.

Good shooting,

Smoker