New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler Balistic Tip in 9.3
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Reloads and experiences in 9,3x62 and 9,3x64 with new Nosler Balistic Tip 250 gr 9,3 dia.?

Posts: 328 | Location: San Martin de los Andes, Argentina | Registered: 01 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Daryl Elder>
posted
I'm still waiting for them to get into my neck of the woods, but they would be great for light game in my 9.3x64, IMHO. The partitions hold together better for elk/moose sized critters. I would like to try them on deer. Probably push them close to 3000fps in a x64?

one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
The new handloader mag. has a article about the Nosler's the author says 8mm and above they are of big game construction. He states they are equal to the Nosler Partitions. He has tested the 200 BT in 338.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend dropped a whitetail buck with his 9.3x62 this year, but he had the 270 Speer in his loads as he acquired the B-Tips too late for load development. Next year he'll have the B-Tips in the magazine.

He was surprised at how bloodshot the on-side shoulder was from the 270 Speer. He did not expect a relatively heavy bullet at moderate velocity to do that. The bullet must have expanded very rapidly.

The deer dropped like a rock. Based on the small size of the exit hole in the base of the neck on the off-side, I'd guess that the core exited by itself.

BigIron

one of us
posted Hide Post
They work great on African Plains game with a cupfull of RL-15...They are a very tough bullet, but all bullets work good in a 9.3x62...the also work fine in a 9.3x64...We were using seconds...right after they first came out....I still have about 300 of them.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
Ray, how do you think they would hold up on elk if you had to take a going away shot?

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Over 40,
I don't know and never will, because I do know that a Nosler partition, Northfork, Woodleigh, GS and any good premium will...

I actually think it would, but I'm not willing to risk it. I did send one through and out of a young Kudu cow at a steep angle, but thats a long ways from lenthwise in a bull elk...

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ray,
thats what i thought you would say And i agree, If it ain't broke, don't fix it but we got to experiment, don't we?

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote