New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: New to Reloading, Many questions:
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
As far as case trimmers are concerned, Wilson is the way to go. You can get one at www.sinclairintl.com

Posts: 407 | Location: Olive Branch, MS | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
rps,

The safe storage of powder, primers and firearms is important and in particular with children around. Each should be locked up.

Powder Storage

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RPS, I have the Wilson case trimmer which I purchased from Sinclair International, and am very happy with it. You need a case holder for each caliber you will trim cases for. I reload around 2500-3000 rounds a year, and it is usually plenty fast enough, but when I am doing a big batch I think about buying a Gracey--THE powered case trimmer--but a lot of $ relatively. The wilson is a nice precise piece of equipment, there is an inside chamferer available which works well also, there is no outside chamferer available. Rutland Tool/Airgass Direct have a good selction of cabinets available, heck you can probably find one at Sears, but a friend of mine who has very inquisitve kids keeps most of his stuff ( all primers/powder ) locked in one of the metal wall mounted cabinets. I like my Nosler manual very much, as others have said you seem to end up with a bunch of them though.... interesting about looking at the library, I never thought of that. Make sure your bench is as solid as possible, resizing cases puts more stress on the table than one might think. Grizzly industrial sells some nice, reasonably priced laminated maple bench tops.
Good Luck and Good Shooting,
Regards--D.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote