Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted
Does someone make a funnel for filling 17 caliber cases? Lou

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got one from Cabela's, quite a few years ago!
I don't have a catalog handy, but I would think that they still carry them!

Posts: 454 | Location: Russell (way upstate), NY - USA | Registered: 11 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Mine is an RCBS !

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got a nice metal one from Sinclair. Works great!

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Sinclair has them. Check them out at www.sinclairintl.com You can order from them online if you
wish. Nice people to do business with. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I do not reload .17 caliber but, I use a 17 caliber funnel to l oad .22 Hornet, etc.
Both Hornady [A $6 adapter] and RCBS make a 17 caliber funnel.

Posts: 355 | Location: Roanoke, Virginia | Registered: 29 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I forgot to ask about primers. I see that most reloading manuals use Rem 7 1/2. I have loaded a few rounds using Win small rifle primers to check for pressure and they seem to work ok. Are these OK, or should I use Remington 71/2? Lou

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Use whatever small rifle primer brand that you prefer as long as you begin with the "starting loads" listed, work up slowly and watch for pressure signs. Even if you use the brand of primers that your book recommends you still have to do this as every gun is different.

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote