New
Find
Notify
Tools

7mm-08 Brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How does the quality of Norma brass compare to Lapua. Would I better off with Norma brass or resize some Lapua 308 to 7mm-08?

Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are you using the brass for?? What kinda rifle are you shooting?
If you're in the USA, and you're not shooting competition, REM/WIN will take you where you want to go unless you just like spending money.
I have at the moment 3 Rem 7-08's and they all shoot Rem brass and they all shoot 0.60-1.00MOA cconsistantly.
To answer your question, I have not been pleased with my experiences with Norma brass.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stillbeeman:
What are you using the brass for?? What kinda rifle are you shooting?
If you're in the USA, and you're not shooting competition, REM/WIN will take you where you want to go unless you just like spending money.

Kinda what I was thinking the first time I read this thread.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have not been pleased with my experiences with Norma brass

I was pretty underwhelmed with the Norma .375H&H brass I bought. It wasn't bad, but for the price I didn't see any value.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same experiences with Norma brass, its OK but V expensive for what it is . At that price I d go for Nosler Custom or the Lapua 308 and neck down accordingly.

Just my tuppence worth .

T260

Posts: 56 | Location: UK | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rammag:
How does the quality of Norma brass compare to Lapua. Would I better off with Norma brass or resize some Lapua 308 to 7mm-08?

Thanks!

Have never used any Lapua brass. So, I can't compare it to Norma, which I have been using recently. My 222 and 223 Norma brass is excellent; very little weight variation, and I don't need to do any case prep before using it. The new case necks do not need neck sizing as they are perfect as received. I measured them and load up a bunch yesterday. The neck ID is .003 below 224, making for a good interference bullet fit.

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I've never used Lapua and for the prices it goes for, I never intend to.

I use Norma brass in several cartridges and like it but would never buy it for a 7mm/08. Remington and Winchester brass would work just fine for that application.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had terrific luck with Winchester brass in 7mm-08. Consistant, with good case life. I have kind of given up on Norma. They are pricing themselves out of the market. I used to have little choice with my 470 and 416 Rigby, but I've switched to Hornady at about a quarter the cost.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
This is my first post...keep some money in your pocket and use Win or Rem brass, it works just fine in the 7mm-08. I used Norma in my 7mm Weatherby years ago, I found it to be a bit of a wash. Remington brass for that calibre was much better.

Posts: 3 | Location: Manitoba | Registered: 29 April 2009Reply With Quote