New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bench
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm still pretty new to reloading, and currently have a "bench" in the garage ... kinda cold lately, and I'd like to move indoors.

Space is limited, but I'm looking for some plans on simple benches ... Any ideas?

Posts: 143 | Location: SE Wyoming | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deertick:
I'm still pretty new to reloading, and currently have a "bench" in the garage ... kinda cold lately, and I'd like to move indoors.

Space is limited, but I'm looking for some plans on simple benches ... Any ideas?

Roll EyesHeat and insulate the garage and park out side. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by bartsche
Roll EyesHeat and insulate the garage and park out side. beerroger
+ 1 That's what I've done.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's wrong with moving inside?? If it's cold in the winter time, it's gonna be hot in the summer. Assuming you will have a "quiet" place in which to work. No kids, no TV, etc.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is the one that I am looking at right how. http://www.shotgunsportsmagazi...oads/bench_plans.pdf

Peter

Posts: 120 | Location: Oshkosh, WI | Registered: 21 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can store stuff in the garage, then you only need a small table for your scale, measure
and press. Could be the back of a closet, or under a stair. It is safer to have only one
can of powder is reach anyway.
Good luck!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill Adams
posted Hide Post
Just sit everything up on your kicthen table, wife will understand Wink

Arkansas football will rise again!

Posts: 617 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 22 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been using an old wood desk for 20+ years now. Drill holes wherever needed. Did add a Midway stand for the RC2 and this does it for me.

NRA Life Endowment Member

Posts: 420 | Location: Troy, Michigan | Registered: 21 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WI Hunter:
Here is the one that I am looking at right how. http://www.shotgunsportsmagazi...oads/bench_plans.pdf

Peter

This is the bench I built. It is a beast! Very solid with lots of room. I didn't build the shelves and now I wish I did.

The lower cost me about $100 including a cheap cirular saw. All of the work and be done with a 7-1/4" circular saw, a reciprocating saw, and a drill. I used better pieces of sheeting sorted out of the pile instead of the equivalent in expensive plywood and saved about half on the cost over plywood.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like Bill Adam's idea about using the kitchen table. Then the wife wouldn't have to walk so far to bring you a sandwich or a glass of tea. Very thoughtful.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
fishingSee if Vapo Dog will post pics of his new garage. holycowroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote