Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Setting up chronograph
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted
Curious, what do you get by going to a modified battery pack over the 9V? I have a 35 & love it, (2) screens @ 24"OC.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You have had good advice from everyone here so far. I would add that I keep my tripod setup to the height used and simply fold the legs together without collapsing them to the shorter length. I also keep the skyscreens setup permenantly on the bar. When I go to shoot I simply take the tripod out spread the three legs, place the bar on the top, place the skyscreens in their proper positions, connect the three connecting wires (taped together) to the printer and I am ready to shoot when I align the rifle to the screens. The first setup is all that requires much time. Good luck and good shooting.

Posts: 2355 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Build yourself a 6 C or D cell battery pack with good contacts(connector)and replace the little 9 volt battery. You'll be glad you did. roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
my 35p came with a pipe that had dimples already in it to get exact spacing. just put the skyscreens on it and clamp to the factory marked spots. I took the cables and used electical tape to tape all three leads together every 6" or 8" and then marked plugs as to start, center and stop. then just coil up the cable around the skyscreens after removing the sun shades and put into a long box. I also like a tripod with the removeable little plate, so you just push the lever and leave the plate on your mounting bar if you are using the 2' spaced bar. there is some very good tips in the owners manual also.dave

Posts: 41 | Location: shawnee, ks. usa | Registered: 03 September 2001Reply With Quote