Find
Notify
Tools

Help - Loading Data for 8x57 JRS
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
I just picked up a drilling in 16-gauge over 8x57 JRS. Does anybody have reloading data for the 8x57 JRS. CIP standards for pressure in the rimmed JRS are only 85% of those in the rimless JS in deference to the guns each is commonly chambered in, so I do not want to use JS data. Also, if anyone knows of current loading manuals with data, I would appreciate the leads.

Dave

Posts: 3845 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Theres all of 14 loads here.. http://www.reloadersnest.com/
These are homebrewed data,use usual caution.

Posts: 236 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is the .318 bore?

I have some .318 bullets to sell. Memory tells me they are 232 grain Normas. If you are interested, email me and I'll check and send details.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If it is a 8x57JRS it's .323 caliber and not .318.

S=.323

8x57JR = .318

8x57JRS = .323

If I'm not out cycling?

Posts: 92 | Location: Jamtland, Sweden | Registered: 26 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
The rifle barrel is the .323 S bore, I slugged it to make sure.

Dave

Posts: 3845 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
For combination guns, which are USUALLY not quite as stout as bolt-actions, it is often recommended to use starting loads from the manuals as MAX loads for such guns. I'm sure the "steve's page" loads will be very satisfactory.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
That the rimmed version is only 85% of the rimless version makes a great deal of sense. The rimmed version was not made for relatively strong bolt actions, but was made for break-open actions. Whether it is true or not, break-open actions have not been regarded as strong as bolt actions. In addition, although the extractors and ejectors on break-open actions are plenty strong, they really do not have the strength of bolt action extractors. Do not load these cartridges up, because if your ejector strips a rim because the empty is sticky, you end up removing the case with a rod. Why don't you just find some European loading data, which is typically hotter than American data anyway, and load to 85% of that level by estimating. It can't be that critical. Geo.

Posts: 305 | Location: Indian Territory | Registered: 21 April 2003Reply With Quote