New
Find
Notify
Tools

favorite 45 acp bullet?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm looking for a bullet for my 45, just for plinking. It's a HK usp, so no bare lead. Any suggestions for a decent, in-expenisive bullet?

Looking at a hornady 200gr swc, less than $.14 per bullet in case quantity.

Posts: 95 | Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth area, TX | Registered: 12 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
For a bit more reliable feeding, although your USP will handle swc, try Berry's 200grTCFP. TJ has the best price: http://www.tjconevera.com/berrys-45-cal-200-gr-fp-1.html That's $9 less than ordering direct from Berry's w/ their stupid lead surcharge. It is a plated bullet. Another good bullet is the Precision. http://www.precisionbullets.com/

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've looked at precision, their faq says they've gotten poor results in HK handguns. The berry's bullets look interesting though. I've never used a plated bullet before. Have you run into any problems with seperation?

Posts: 95 | Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth area, TX | Registered: 12 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Plated bullets can "peel" but I have not really seen this. I have run the 124gr upto 1350fps & they shoot fine. Accuracy can also be affected by over crimping. I have run the 200gr Berry's in my son's USP w/ no problems. The only way you will know is shoot some for yourself.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good deal, I'll try them out. Looking for a 9mm as well so I'll pick up some of the 124s too. Thanks for your help.