New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Imperial Sizing Die Wax
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I use Imperial on my case bodies, but dip the necks in the dry moly/ball bearing dip from NECO. No expander ball drag, and easier to clean up.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got this feeling that Freud would have a thing or two to say to JustC!

Posts: 226 | Location: Western Maryland | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Imperial Sizing Die Wax is the best I've found for full length resizing. I just dip my forefinger into the tub and wipe the case with it getting a little into the mouth of the neck. I try to keep it away from the shoulder so it doesn't get wrinkled during sizing. After sizing, I wip off the excess and go ahead and load the case. After I get the cases loaded, I clean them well with a degreaser so they are completely dry.
Don Buckbee

one of us
posted Hide Post
I put a small amount,(real small) on my fingers, and rub it on the case....then scrape your finger over the mouth of the case........That deposits a small amount of lube in the case mouth. But on common calibers I use Hornady carbide buttons on the decapping stems of my RCBS resizing dies. That way I don't have to worry about lube on the expander button. One 30 caliber button, can be switched to any of my 30 caliber dies, and the same with the .22s, 24s, 6.5s, etc. Grant.

Posts: 336 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kory
posted Hide Post
Quote:

You can clean cases in/out by throwing the cases in boiling water with some dish detergent in it. Soak a while,..shake a few times during,..and then rinse and dry.

Interesting. I've been using Lee's lubricant but never cleaning the cases other than wiping the outside with a dry cloth. Should I have been washing them?

Thanks,
Kory

Posts: 860 | Location: Montana | Registered: 16 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The guy who purchased the company from the original owner told a pard of mine at a match that he can't make any money becuase the stuff lasts so long I agree completely,...q-tip is the way to go.

You can clean cases in/out by throwing the cases in boiling water with some dish detergent in it. Soak a while,..shake a few times during,..and then rinse and dry.

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Imperial is great stuff and I use it for real small batches.

When any quantity is being reloaded I use Hornady One shot lube. Spray can save a lot of time.

Posts: 109 | Location: IL | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote