Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Sierra Gamekings
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
Andy,
Sure sounds like a bullet failure... or someone braggin on the performance of a BT

(duck)

jeffe

Posts: 38613 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Excellent Varmint bullets . That is all I use Sierras for.

I would trust them on Big Game as much as I would trust Kerry in office!

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
I quit using Sierra bullets for hunting as of last year. I had a .270 cal 130 gr Gameking blow up in the chest of a small muley buck about 20 years ago--didn't worry about it because the range was about 50 feet. Then last year I had a 130 grain Prohunter fail to exit a muley buck's chest at a range of 210 yards. The kill was spectacular but nothing was left of the bullet but small frags. The deer left part of his left lung on the ground in his 20 yard death run--seems he had to spit it out. Sierra bullets have consistently been the most accurate hunting bullets I've used but I won't hunt with a bullet I can't trust to perform the way I want it to perform--which on deer-sized game means 2 holes. JMO

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
According to Sierra, the SBT GameKings are the "softest". The flat based Pro Hunters are next. And the GameKing HPBT's are the "toughest".

Posts: 1416 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
for hunting, i like SP... SPBT works pretty good

the GK is the best bullet for 358 win, imho

jeffe

Posts: 38613 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote