New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 45-70 cartridge boxes
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am getting one of the MTM H-50-RM boxes. A friend of mine has one and 45-70 is the largest caliber that'll fit in it, so it's just right without a lot of wasted space.

Ian

Posts: 294 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone know who makes cartridge boxes that properly fit the 45-70? The one from Midway is a monster "Magnum" box that is supposed to fit all the large cased calibers. It seems to swallow up my 45-70s. I drop one in and it seems to disappear somewhere in the depths of that big thing.

Thanks,
Ian

Posts: 294 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cabelas has a nice box for 45-70. Its a different design than most other and I really like them. The website does not feature them so you will have to visit a store if you have the chance. They are green 20 round boxes and are indented one side.

The MTM box for 45-70 is H-50-RL-MAG. You can get it almost anywhere.

Joe

Posts: 263 | Location: Where ever Bush sends me | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try Berry's Manufacturing< !--color--> . Type in their name on a search engine. Their boxes are of very good quality and have a neat little offset that keeps them from falling over. Their prices and service are excellent as well.

Posts: 230 | Location: Alabama; USA | Registered: 18 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
MTM recently came out with new boxes for the "WSM" calibers. The lady on the phone told me they work for 45-70. I ordered some but they havent arrived yet.

Posts: 13 | Location: fairbanks alaska | Registered: 08 July 2003Reply With Quote