New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neck Turning?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I posted this on the Wildcat forum but thought I could put it here also.

I have the RCBS case trimmer. Will the RCBS neck turning tool work with this? Everywhere I have looked they do not say if it is to be used with either the Trimmer 2 or the Trim Pro.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HL

Posts: 265 | Location: Bulverde, Texas | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are going to turn necks, you are a lot better off doing it with some form of hand tool. [Sinclair, k&m, or the like] I have never seen one of the systems that incorperates a trimmer that was worth a damn. If you are not shooting a tight necked chamber, the rewards of turning are neglegable. If too much brass is removed you actually do yourself a disservice, in the sense that the neck of the brass is worked so much in resizing that cases fail prematurely. Just something to think about.

Bob

Posts: 529 | Location: Harrison, Maine - Pensacola, Fl. | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, a Gunsmith type told me not to neck turn unless I had a Match chamber.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
http://www.rcbs.com/default.asp?menu=1&s1=4&s2=4&s3=41 Not to be used with Trim Pro Power Case Trimmer. Neck turning works best when used with bushing dies.Call RCBS customer service at 1-800-533-5000 (Mon-Thurs, 6:30am-3:00pm Pacific time)

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's the one I was thinking of getting. I have never neck turned before, but in forming 7-30 Brass from 375 Winchester Brass, the necks become tight in the chamber with a seated bullet.

Without the bullet the brass seats as it should.

Just wondering.

Posts: 265 | Location: Bulverde, Texas | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote