New
Find
Notify
Tools

any rcbs collectors out there?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am currently reloading my ammo with a 1961 RCBS B press from my Dad. I found out from Huntingtons that they were only made for one year and only 147 produced. I am trying to find out if there is any collector's value to this. I became concerned the other day when I was trying to resize some nickle 416 rem mag brass. I was starting to really bare down on the arm and thought better of it. I had never had any problems with brass before but really did a double take with the nickle. I don't want to break something, especially if it does have a dollar value. If anyone has any idea to the value, please let me know. I think that in the meantime I might buy a new press that will handle the nickle better and retire the B press to priming or something. Thanks for your help. Gary

Posts: 469 | Location: central California | Registered: 26 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of icemanls2
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, i use RCBS equipment and am using a jr press thats over 30 yrs old. I saw a B press (Big Max Press) on ebay going for 500.00 a while back.. They are not real plentiful and i have read they are sought after for larger magnum rounds. Just my 2 cents.

Posts: 442 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 October 2009Reply With Quote