Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Ammomaster Auto?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt_E
posted
I could get one for $250, which includes the powder measure, shell plate, some dies, and other accessories.
I am basically looking for an affordable progressive.
I am thinking about just getting a Piggyback IV for my RC Supreme, but would pay more for what I need that way.

Posts: 9130 | Location: US of A | Registered: 07 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt_E
posted Hide Post
Does anybody here have any experience with the RCBS Ammomaster Auto (4X4?)? What's your opinions on this press?
Anyone know why it was discontinued?

one of us
posted Hide Post
My neighbor has one, it works okay, I think the layout could have been a little better, if I remember right something was inconvinient about it. It does seem to need adjustment to the "timing" fairly often but that may be because it is not mounted secure enough (it rocks a little in use). If you can get one cheap I believe you can can convert it to a single stage 50 BMG press if you need to....
It would also be good for the big nitro and Weatherby calibers.
Jason

Posts: 575 | Location: VA | Registered: 20 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Matt

Iv'e been using my AmmoMaster for several years now. As long as you are mechanicaly minded you should have no problem. A can get up to 350 - 400 rounds an hour doing hand gun ammo. About 250 -300 .223 using a lube die. $250.00 is a fair price.
RCBS 4X4 is actually a different press than the AmmoMaster.
If you get it feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Posts: 59 | Location: Soledad, CA USA | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt_E
posted Hide Post
Well, the description in the ad says Ammomaster Progressive 4X4. I assumed that meant Ammomaster Auto.
What do you know about the 4X4?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Matt, save your money for a Dillon. You might save a buck on the other equipment, but you'll soon become disenchanted, and wish you would have spent a few extra bucks on something better.

Posts: 594 | Location: MT. | Registered: 05 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt_E
posted Hide Post
Well...I have thought about that as well. So far I have been very satisfied with RCBS equipment, but that is not to say there ain't something better out there.

What would I be buying, if Dillon? 550, 650? What kind of money would I have to spend, including all the accessories I need?