Find
Notify
Tools

Best Brass - 375 H&H 416 Rigby
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For my New Years resolution I am finally going to start reloading. Smiler

I have been doing a bit of searching through old threads regarding the quality of brass. I don't feel I know all the options out there by a long shot and want to be sure I get off on the right foot....

To that end...what do you think are the best 2 or 3 brands of brass manufactured for the .375 H&H and .416 Rigby?

Some of brands I am considering are: Jamieson, Norma, Lapua, Bertram, Quality Cartridge...others?

Overal, I would rather purchase a better quality brass going in with the idea of using it longer as well as avoiding many of the problems associated with the softer cheaper brass....

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I still prefer WW brass for anything I'm loading, but since they don't make any in 416 Rigby I use Norma. I've tried MAST and it was okay, but I'll stick with the two mentioned above.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For 375 H&H, I use W-W for the last 20 years. For the 416 Rigby, I use Norma the only game in town today for new brass.

Posts: 395 | Location: West Coast | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote