New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sierra Pro hunter or Honady Interlock
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For my 308 Win. Med Size game. Goats , Pigs and deer up to about 150 LBs. Which is the better of the two?
thanks
rob

"the older I get, the better I was"

Posts: 462 | Location: Coogee, Australia | Registered: 26 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably a toss up. I have used both on deer and can't tell much difference.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
I've found the Interlock in a number of calibres a little 'tougher' than the Sierras and a better penetrator. Both will work fine. I like the Sierras as they come apart inside causing more damage and generally are more accurate.

With really big trophy billys you may need more weight. I once had to put four 165 Speers (the most accurate bullet in that rifle) into the front of a billys chest from a .30-06 at 40 yards to get him to drop. With each shot he got a little closer to the ground.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used them both and got 2 holes in everything I've shot with them. That's WT and mulie deer and antelopes. Perhaps those goats down in OZ are a lot tougher than BG in the US. Wink
Pick the one that's the most accurate in your rifle or flip a coin.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote