Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CH 4D
 Login/Join

posted
I was considering the CH 4D "H" press for rifle reloading. What has your been your experience with the "H" press?

one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
I've used CH H-frame presses for over 30 years. I'm on my second one now and it's still my primary rifle loading press. I particularly like the fact that they do not hang over the edge of the bench like most C-frame or O-frame presses.

Posts: 973 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Al,,,
I cannot comment on the newer style H presses (because I think they may be aluminium),but I have the older cast type H press and I can't even begin to express how good of a press it has been for me...
I some how got lucky and picked it up off e-bay for $128.00 and it has been about the best money I ever spent...
It has been such a good press that I shop through various other forums and auctions hopeing one day to be able to purchase another one at a discounted price...
I reload 6-284 lapua excusively with it and use my other press for every thing else...
It gives you the abilities of a progressive press without sacrificeing the quality reloading you get from a single stage...

Hope this info. will help you out a bit...
dale [Big Grin]

Posts: 4 | Location: texas | Registered: 09 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sixgun Symphony
posted Hide Post
btt Smiler

I am rather intrigued by the "H" press and am wondering if it is popular.

Posts: 1254 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 June 2005Reply With Quote