New
Find
Notify
Tools

180 TSX
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought some Barnes 180 grain TSX bullets because Midway had them on sale, and tried them in my 30-06. I was pleasantly surprised not only by the accuracy, but because there was almost no copper fouling. Much less than I get with Partitions and Accubonds. Next time I'll bring the chrono them to check the velocity.

Posts: 388 | Location: NW Oregon | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to keep an open mind and give other bullets a try but so far every gun I've tried TSX's in has found a load that is just pure magic.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Frank, that has been my EXACT experience also....

MKane160

You can always make more money, you can never make more time...........LLYWD. Have you signed your donor card yet?

Posts: 488 | Location: TN | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Third that motion! Except I'm not even keeping an open mind and giving other bullets a try. Occasionally in the past I have tried other bullets and in only one case has any other bullet been more accurate. In a 30-06 with the 200 grain bullets at those slow speeds the 200 TSX would not stabilize and the 200 gr Accubond would.

Glad the TSX is the most reliable and best performer in terminal ballistics anyway. thumb

Hey Leo, right around 58 gr IMR4350 was a good load with that 180 gr TSX. Of course, start lower and work up, your bottle of IMR4350 may be faster than mine or your gun may show pressure sooner. That is above book max.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used 56.0 grains of H4350 & CCI primer. The TSX supposedly produces lower pressures so I'll be working up from there.

Posts: 388 | Location: NW Oregon | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote