Find
Notify
Tools

5020 powder "anybody"?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
BOOMHas anybody done any good with 5020 powder other than in a 50 BMG? Duplex load info not wanted. sofaroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm confused...are you talking about H5010----hodgdons surplus powder with sticks as big as Lincoln Logs??

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kraky:
I'm confused...are you talking about H5010----hodgdons surplus powder with sticks as big as Lincoln Logs??

coffeeNO! 5020 is a ball powder that is slower burning than the 5010, which I have never found a real good use for also.. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Didnt know the 5020 existed. I have used the 5010 in the 30-378 and would expect your powder might work there and possibly some stw stuff if near the 5010 burn rate.
I did try the 5010 in my 300 wby. If I remember a full case generated sub 30-06 velocity and a really dirty empty case.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote