New
Find
Notify
Tools

9mm Reloading Powder
 Login/Join

Picture of Sudsy30
posted
Just graduated from Rifle to pistol reloads.... Am looking for some ideal powders for my 9mm Baretta 92.......... can someone help with some good loads...and please let me know if what you are giving me is a hot load..

Thanks

Suds

Posts: 15 | Location: Sunny Florida | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
6.0 grains of AA #5 and standard SP primer behind a 115-125 grain bullet seated to feed well. Not hot at all, and they shoot very well. Lead or jacketed, it doesn't matter.

Good luck.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Sudsy30
posted Hide Post
AA is = to what company...acurate?

Posts: 15 | Location: Sunny Florida | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sudsy30:
AA is = to what company...acurate?

Accurate Arms

Posts: 43 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've also had good luck with Winchester WSF which is an excellent powder for 40 S&W as well.

4.6 gr with Fed or Win small pistol primers Works with 115-125 gr cast and jacketed bullets. Always exercise due care and good reloading practices ... start lower than this load and work up!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
115 to 125 try 5gr of W231

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Power Pistol was developed just for the goverment and their 9mm ammo, where it is known as Bullseye 84. It has been a very popular powder for this cartridge and used by most manufactures.

http://www.gunsworld.com/reload/reload_alliant_us.html

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AA7 was developed for 9x19 - usually give max velocity of any powder I us 8.5 gr with a 115 bullet

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Agree with butchloc on the AA#7 powder. I don't have my reloading data with me, though, so I can't comment on the exact load.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ol` Joe:
Power Pistol was developed just for the goverment and their 9mm ammo, where it is known as Bullseye 84. It has been a very popular powder for this cartridge and used by most manufactures.

http://www.gunsworld.com/reload/reload_alliant_us.html

I agree. I've had great luck with Power Pistol in my 9mm's and in particular with the .40's.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote