New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need RCBS 5-10 Balance Beam
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Dropped a box while moving and bent the beam. Anyone have one lying around?

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send the scale back to RCBS. I will be surprised if you get a bill for the repair/replacement. I just got a new 10-10 free of charge; but I really wish they had repaired my very old one!

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1621 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I called RCBS to see if I could purchase a new beam, but the scale has been out of production so long there are no parts available.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
Scott Parker tunes the Ohaus scale branded as the 10-10. Do a search his contact info is on several forums. He may have a replacement beam or be able to repair yours. The newer 10-10's are foreign made and there isn't anything be can do for them but be tunes the older US made scales.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Scott Parker and have decided to get a scale from him. Thanks everyone.

One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
Cool, just noticed you were asking about 5-10's. Long day yesterday. Glad it worked out though.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Just as a mater of interest - the old RCBS 5-10 and the 10/10 use the same beam with the rotating micro-poise barrel.

Posts: 6 | Location: UK | Registered: 06 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Just happened to be looking online and went to scales. Hard to believer the very limited number of options for mechanical. I was very disappointed in the 2 listed for RCBS.

Mine has made it 40yrs it should make it until I'm done. coffee

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had about 40 years on mine as well. I was not happy to see it damaged.
The scale I have coming from S. Parker is an older Redding, that he has tuned. Sensitivity to one granule of stick powder. Should be accurate to about .02 of a grain, similar to the Gempro 250 I was going to get, but without the quirks of an electronic.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I needed a new beam for my ancient 10-10. RCBS said I had to send it in (complete scale) as it would have to be calibrated, etc.

Customer service said one thing about the status and then the next day a brand new in the box 10-10 arrived.

If it was me, I would send it in and see what happens. I have NEVER seen a beam for an RCBS scale for sale at a gun show.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1621 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote